6 Tips for Outdoor Spaces! Summer is Coming!
Not sure about you but...3 months of being inside my house is plenty! Times are changing, summer plans are looking different, people are improving their homes and creating alternative options to enjoy their family time. Creating a perfect outdoor space, a second family room, a new location to entertain your family doesn’t need to be hard! This is one of the most common home improvement projects right now...besides creating the some what perfect home office. Many of my clients want to spruce up their spaces. Entertaining friends and family this summer will be able to be done, safest outdoors so let’s make it happen! I want to share my favorite tips to creating a fun outdoor space!
1. Seating! Even though it is outside, this doesn’t mean it has to be uncomfortable. There are so many amazing furniture choices now and many different price points! The main thing is comfort. You want to enjoy sitting on your furniture, and for a length of time. Wayfair, Overstock, Target and Pottery Barn are all great options for finding great deals!
2. Sales! Now is the time to take advantage of sale offers for outdoor spaces. At this point of the year, you really should be getting everything on sale. You will want to move fast though...things are selling out! You aren’t the only one doing this, that is for sure!
3. Patient with Time. Covid is definitely the cause of delays. If you find something you like and the price is right, wait for it. Shipping times are definitely taking longer. If it is the perfect fit, don’t choose something else. There is also a chance that you could get it earlier. Many store are putting a buffer on delivery, under promise...over deliver!
4. Fire! In design, there is a unwritten rule to incorporate different elements into your space. Different textures. This applies to your outdoor space as well! If you could create an area where you could have the family out at night for a fire...nothing screams summer like a bonfire and s’mores! Many family and social distancing gathering can happening, creating memories for a lifetime.
5. Activities! If it’s a pop up screen for outdoor movies to over sized Jenga, or even a net for badminton. Something for everyone to enjoy will draw them out! A little family competition in a game is a fun way to kick off a summer weekend!
6. Lighting. I have always loved a well lit home! Front, back and side! Lighting creates ambiance as well as showcase your home and truly makes it a magical place at night! Something as simple as fairy lights up in the tree, or bistro lights strung over the dinning table. This is easy to add, and very affordable!!
I could go on and on with tips on creating the best outdoor space. Wish I could! Feel free to message me and I would be happy to help you! No space is too small...having a new location besides the couch inside, will lift the spirits of everyone in your home. Not to mention, will allow to you entertain this summer worry free! Take care, stay healthy! Jill Xoxo